Depression must be controlled to prevent it from becoming a serious mood problem even though it is a common occurrence. Clinical depression or depressive disorder is characterized by chronic depression. Serious symptoms arise that will affect thinking, feeling and daily activities which will end up affecting the way you eat sleep or work. Even though mood swings are common, there are some symptoms that will be present for at least two weeks before depression can be diagnosed.
Forms of Depression
Forms of depression are slightly different from each other and become severe under these conditions.
- A high rate of depressive disorder
- Psychotic depression
- Perinatal depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Periodic affective disorder
- Troubled mood dysregulation disorder.
- Signs of depression
Depression starts at any age, but is prevalent in adults. Its presence in kids is more of a bad mood and irritability. It then develops from severe anxiety levels into anxiety disorder and serious mood in adults.
Some of the symptoms must be present for at least two weeks to indicate depression are:
- A feeling of emptiness, nervousness, and unhappiness
- Feeling disheartened or hopeless
- Feeling of guilt, helplessness, and uselessness.
- Feeling unattached to things that usually bring happiness.
- Concentration problems
- Memory problem
- Decision-making problems
- Less or too much sleep
- Weight loss and gain
- Appetite change
- Thinking of death or suicide
- Feeling irritable or tired
It is advisable and more effective when treated early. Depression can be catered for through physiotherapy, drugs or even both.
Begin your treatment process today by calling: 305.975.2483