As common as depression is, it can become severe if not checked. The severe type of depression is known as a clinical or depressive disorder. It will result in chronic signs that impact thinking, feelings and how daily routines are being handled. Sleeping, working, and eating is also impacted. Although it is normal for people to have mood swings, there must be visible signs for more than two weeks before depression can be confirmed.
Forms of Depression:
Depression only differs slightly, but grow under some situations like:
- Habitual depressive disorder
- Mental depression
- Perinatal depression
- An affective disorder that is periodic
- Bipolar disorder
- Irregular mood dysregulation disorder
Depression begins at any age, but it is more revealing in adults. Depression is now prominent in kids and teenagers as mere irritation than mood swing. Advanced mood swing and anxiety that are revealed in adults first start in children as a high level of anxiety.
Signs that must be felt for at least two weeks are:
- Sense of unhappiness, emptiness or nervousness.
- Pessimistic thought and sense of hopelessness.
- Sense of guilt, being useless and helpless
- Lack of enjoyment from the usual things you enjoy.
- Lack of concentration
- Memory loss
- Difficulty in taking steps
- Too much or less sleep
- Change in appetite.
- Weight drop or gain
- Diet change
- Sense of irritation or restlessness
- Thinking about suicide or death.
- The earlier it is treated, the better. Treatments are either from medication or physiotherapy or even both.
- Give us a call today to start your treatment.